2011 NHL Entry Draft

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April Draft Rankings


(picture courtesy of bleacherreport.com)


I feel like sometimes media use "mock drafts" as ways of picking players based on organizational need rather than BPA. Rather than taking the time to come up with their own opinion on who is the best player overall, they take the easy way out. For this reason, I decided to release my own rankings in addition to the mock draft that I released yesterday. I hope you enjoy, although it might change quite a bit before the draft comes about. I'm not going to lie, I don't have all the information on these kids and in many cases have only seen some of them play a handful of times. As more organizations come out with their reports and the combine comes around I should have a better understanding on the things you don't see on the ice. Anyways, here are the rankings:

1. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2. Adam Larsson
3. Gabriel Landeskog
4. Sean Couturier
5.Jonathan Huberdeau
6. Dougie Hamilton
7. Ryan Murphy
8. Ryan Strome
9. Mika Zibanejad
10. Duncan Siemens
11. Matt Puempel
12. Sven Baerstchi
13. Nathan Beaulieu
14. Tyler Biggs
15. Mark McNeill
16. Mark Scheifele
17. Joel Armia
18. Jonas Brodin
19. Alexandr Khoklachev
20. Stefan Nosen
21. Scott Mayfield
22. Jamie Oleksiak
23. Dmitri Jaskin
24. Vladislav Namestnikov
25. Zack Phillips
26. Joe Morrow
27. Nicklas Jensen
28. Brandon Saad
29. Tomas Jurco
30. David Musil

You can see the rankings on the right side of the homepage as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment