2011 NHL Entry Draft

Monday, March 14, 2011

Food Recommendation: Pho


(picture courtesy of shermansfoodadventures.com)

I figure if I can blog about music, television, hockey and movies then I could probably talk about what my favourite foods are. At the top of the list lately is Pho. For those of you that don't know what Pho is, its basically a vietnamese soup that at its base has rice noodles. You can then add sprouts, brisket, tripe, beef, chicken, pork, shrimp, lime, peppers, basil and various vegetables to the dish. You don't have to have a meaty Pho, but its really cool to see the meat cook before your eyes as it is submerged in broth.

Another really cool thing about Pho is the way that you eat it. In one hand you take your trusty chop sticks and the other you get to use an asian style ladle spoon. If your white, or you don't know what your doing it can be pretty tricky. It's almost as much fun just trying to eat the stuff as it actually is eating it. What I also love about Pho are the spices and sauces you can add to the dish. Outside your traditional Hoison sauce, I love to load my Pho up with chili peppers, jalapeno peppers and hot sauce to make it as spicy as possible!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment