2011 NHL Entry Draft

Monday, March 21, 2011

Food Recommendation: Yebeg Tibs

So I had a pretty sweet day yesterday. Although I was planning to sleep in, my wonderful wifey had other plans for us. We started the day off with exciting morning visiting Edmonton's toy and collectible show at the SHAW. If you want to hear more about the show check it out below. Anyways, we decided to try something new and go out for Ethiopian food at the famous Lagano Skies on Whyte avenue. Voted the best Ethiopian food place in Edmonton for the past forever, we were surprised to see how small the restaurant was. However, despite its small size we felt cozzy and were welcomed with wide arms. The service was great and helpful when recommending new dishes.



We tried a few new things. I had the importated Tusker beer from Kenya that was an impressive 500ml. It was pretty delicious but at almost $9 a bottle I think that it's something that I would only try once. Bec on the other hand had a mango shake made from fresh mango's so that was pretty cool. But before we had our meal we had Kategna. If you don't know what that is, its a huge Injera covered in a butter chili sauce. And if you don't know what an Injera is (which I didn't), it's basically a crepe lol.



As for the meal itself we shared the "Doro Wot" and the "Yebeg Tibs". The Doro Wot consisted of chicken squares that were covered in a spciy sauce while the Yebeg Tibs were lamb squares mized with oninions and peppers. Although the dishes reminded me of something that I would have seen in a burrito, they were complimented with salad filling. It was great to take your Injera and grab your food with your hands. It was a new and different way of trying food that I would probably try again. The lamb was great and worth going to try alone.

Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment