2011 NHL Entry Draft

Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm A Nerd: McFarlane Toy Figures


(picture courtesy of figurineforall.com)

Despite this figure being worth $38 at figurineforall.com, I was able to grab this beauty at the Edmonton toy and collectable show yesterday for only $10. As a big hockey fan and given my nerdy life the two have come together through Mcfarlanes. I have been collecting the things for the past 5 years or so and have quite the collection going. Even though I still have Sheldon Souray, Dany Heatley, Chris Pronger and a few Calgary/Leaf players that I'm not really proud of, I have mastered quite the collection. If you are a hardcore collecter you probably want to collect an entire series but I just tend to grab the players that I like the most. My favourite McFarlanes probably consist of Nikolai Khabibulin the jets jersey, my Alexander Ovechkin varient (since he's my favourite player), and my Joe Sakic variant (one of my favourite players of all time no discussion needed lol).

Anyways these things are pretty cool and I hope I can continue to add to my collection. It was a great afternoon with the wifey and I'm glad she took me to hang out with all the other nerds. Their were a ton of comic books (not a huge fan) but it was made up for with the large collections of vintage video games and cool toys that brought me back to my childhood. I wish I hung onto a few of those things now because apparently people pay big money for them! I was kind of disappointed by the amount of people buying counterfeit or knock-off NHL jerseys... but what can you do about it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment